29 October 2011

pumpkin carving.

Yesterday we went to a local 'pumpkin patch'. 
(sidenote: a pumpkin patch to me is where pumpkins are still attached to the ground. not just strategically placed on hay bales to look festive. And hayrides is a bonus too.)

But that's not what we have around here. 
It's not what we've had for several years. 
Another reason the midwest will always have my heart during fall. 
Moving on...

Like I said. 
We went to our local pumpkin patch.
(which had amusement rides and jump houses... *eye roll*)
And set out to find everyones perfect pumpkin. 


After paying $12 for each pumpkin... 
(*gasp*)
We had our Roberts family pumpkin carving throwdown. 
(that's a Bobby Flay reference, if you didn't catch it)



Here are the finished products...


What do you think?
A, B, C, or D

2 comments:

Melissa C said...

Such beautiful photos while picking out your pumpkins. The finished products are too funny!!

It's Jenn! said...

LMAO @ A!!!!!! I just know that was YOURS =) I feel ya on the "pumpkin patches". Back home, the vines were still all over the field! Miss that so much!