10 May 2011

bryce's graduation cards.

My baby graduates from preschool tomorrow. 
sigh. 

I was trying to think of something something fun he could give to his friends
on their last day of school. 
I thought of a few things, 
but then my cheapness won over. 
Going out and spending $20 on a bunch of kids we'll never see again wasn't sounding so awesome.
(I think the husband's cheapness is rubbing off on me...)

And then I remembered something I was dying to try out since I read a blog post by one of my favorite DIY ladies. 
For valentines day this crafty lady made some awesome homemade valentines for her sons class. 

 So I copied...
with my own child and different words.


 Super cute, right? 

First you have to take your not so cooperative son outside to get a picture with his arm out for no apparent reason.
It will take a few different shots all while trying to explain to your son why he has arm out in a fist.
Then you add your sentiments and print them out.


Next you cut little slots for the sucker. 
One on top of the fist and one on the bottom. 


And then you slide the sucker in. 
Super easy. 
And only $3.50 for all the kids in his class.

Well, wish me luck that I don't turn into the blubbering mom in the fourth row at graduation tomorrow...

No comments: