25 February 2011

updates

Happy Friday everyone! 
I was trying to figure out what I was going to write about today, 
and then I realized I haven't really done an update kind of post lately. 
So here ya go. 
A little glimpse into our house. 

Jen:
I dunno. I guess the easiest way to describe what I've been up to lately is that I've just been in a rut. It's been cold and rainy the last few months, and I think that has a lot to do with it. Because now that the weather is improving I can feel myself coming out of this rut. I've been a total slacker on my workouts. But I'm getting back into it. I've decided I much prefer to do my exercise outside. I go on walks and ride my bike almost daily. I'm totally loving my new camera still. It's amazing how much difference a nice camera can make. I'm still trying to find the perfect settings for indoor pictures, but outside pictures are effortless. My excitement over my washer and dryer - well, that's faded. After all, it's still laundry. It's not like it folds and puts away the clothes by itself. It's still work. BUT I'm still amazed at how much softer everything is. 

  
Husband:
Like I said, the weather is improving the last few weeks, so you know what's on his brain all the time. Fishing. He's beyond excited for the fish to start biting. Another few weeks and he should be out there in his boat every weekend catching fish. Which means fish gutting in the sink. gag. Husband is doing really well in school. He's just started what everyone says is the hardest section of his schooling. So keep him in your thoughts these next few weeks that he gets through with out any hiccups. They say after this section it's all downhill from there. He loves what he's learning about and I think he's going to absolutely love his job once he's completed school. Especially since it means he's deployable again. (blah.) 


Baylie:
Baylie is doing really well in school. She's due for another report card soon, but so far she's only brought home A's and B's. All A's and one B to be exact. She's such a smart girl. It sometimes takes her a little while to pick up some concepts, but once she's got it, she's got it. Math is her nemesis right now. And I don't really blame her. Some of the stuff she has to do is quite complicated for a 6 year old. I don't think they spend enough time on those complicated areas though. She's got quite a few trouble makers in her class, and I think it's cutting into their learning time. Bay has brought home a few B's for daily behavior grades for talking too much. Anytime she comes home with B's it's for talking. She now has two loose teeth thanks to a rambunctious brother and a scarf. Both of her bottom middle teeth are loose. This is very exciting for her. Today we have an appointment to talk about Bay's stomach issues. She's been complaining off and on for a few months now of stomach pain. Most of the time it's after she eats. She also still has her round belly. She's always had a super round belly, but I figured after she was a few years old it would go away. She's stick thin everywhere else but her belly. I've been told and have done some research on my own that this might have something to do with a gluten issue. I'll keep you all updated. 


Bryce:
Oh Bryce. This boy can make me so mad and then 5 minutes later make me laugh so hard. He's got quite the sense of humor. And witty. He asks some of the oddest questions. His teachers both love him to death. They are always telling me about all the crazy things he says and does in class. He tells them on an almost daily basis that he doesn't like to do work. I think he gets bored pretty fast. But he's doing well. The only issue we seem to be having right now is the number 13. He doesn't think it exists. He can count pretty high, but he never remembers 13. So we're working on that. I can't believe he still hasn't broken any bones. This boy is still quite the daredevil. Recently he's been working on his tree climbing skills.





No comments: