20 January 2011

husband says I'm a cheater

Yesterday was a great day. 
A day 3 years (give or take) in the making.
Ladies and Gents -
Meet my new bff's...
(they don't have names yet - I'll keep you posted)


That's right folks. 
New washer and dryer for this gal.
But it wasn't without controversy. 
More on that later. 


Here's the last load of clothes that had to be put through the anguish of 3 dry cycles. 
Ya, you read that right. 
My old friend took between 2 and 3 full cycles to get it's contents fully dry. 


Needless to say, I didn't shed one tear when they took our ancient friends away. 

I decided against the front loaders in the end and went with a top loader that doesn't have an agitator. 
So it's basically the same thing as the front loaders without the issues that the front loaders have. 
My favorite part? 
It's got dispensers for the soap and softener. 
 It really does make a difference when you add them at the right time instead of just throwing it all in at the beginning. 
Who knew??!!

 


So anyways.


Like I said - this purchase was not without some controversy. 
Husband and I disagree a little on this. 
He says I cheated. 
The deal was that with our tax refund money I was going to get a new washer and dryer. 
He was going to get a boat. 
We agreed. 
And then yesterday after our (torturous on my part) 4 mile bike ride Hubby says "let's go look at Sears at their washers and dryers. I agreed. We've been looking at quite a few different stores to see what they had and what price range they had. 
So there we are - walking through our little sears appliance store. 
And wow. They had some great sale's going on. 
All their washers and dryers were on sale. 
Like majorly on sale. 
Husband was quite impressed. 
(me too)
So the sales guy informs us that this is the last day of their sale. 
Today they were going to be between $200 and $300 more each. 
So then he informs us that if we buy a Kenmore washer and dryer and use our Sears credit card we would get an extra 5% off that incredible sale price. 
We didn't have a Sears card though. 
But Hubby says "Well, we could apply for one, cause that's a great deal. I'd totally be up for that."
So we agree that it makes sense to apply for the card and use the card to purchase the washer and dryer that day so that we could take advantage of the great sale price and the extra 5% off. Then we would pay it off when we got our return back. 
We are scheduled to get our return back next Friday. 
So that's what we do. 
We buy up that great priced washer and dryer and had it delivered that day. 
Hooray for saving money! 
right? 
Well, Hubby (in a fit of jealousy, I'm sayin) says I cheated. 
That I was supposed to wait until we had the money in hand to get my new friends. 
He said I was impatient and totally a cheater. 

I'm calling it being thrifty!
 And that he's just jealous he has to wait an extra week for his boat.

Now excuse me while I got find something to wash...
=)

No comments: