21 January 2011

smoothies and chores

Miss Baylie has been obsessed with smoothies lately. 
Like one smoothie a day obsessed. 
And that's because I tell her she can only have one. 


Wanna know how to make a Baylie approved smoothie? 
Well first I suggest you head over to Walmart and purchase yourself one of these bad boys.


Only $12 and it makes the perfect single serve smoothie or milk shake. 
Here's the ingredients for Baylie's smoothie:

1/2 cup plain natural yogurt
2 strawberries
handful of frozen blueberries
handful of frozen raspberries
A healthy splash of pomegranate juice
Sometimes we're feeling a little crazy and throw in half of a banana too. 

I wish I had a good segue for bringing this to the chores portion of this post,
but for the life of me I can't think of anything.
Anyways.

So Bryce told me the other day that he was in need of some spending money. 
It probably was because he keeps bringing up things that he wants and I keep telling him to get a job so he can afford all these crazy off the wall things he keeps informing us that he "needs". 
So we decided to implement some weekly chores. 
In exchange for completed chores they would receive a weekly allowance. 
We're all pretty excited about this. 
I'll still be stoked about it a week from now, 
but I'm sure their enthusiasm will fade a bit. 
So we made some chore charts. 


They each have 4 chores a day. 
Cleaning their bathroom and sweeping under the table get rotated daily between them. 

Today's chores went pretty well. 
No complaints. 


And both kids got all their chores done, earning a sticker for every block in today's column. 


One day closer to that $5 prize. 
Wish us luck for the rest of the week... 

No comments: