09 December 2010

Christmas card picture 2010 {embrace the camera}

I've decided to use our 'outtakes' from our Christmas card picture fiasco for this week's Embrace the Camera. 




Every year I try my hardest to get a decent picture for our Christmas card. 
How many times have I actually succeeded?
About 2. 
sigh. 
And then you have the whining from the husband that he has to take pictures on his only day off this week. 
And you have your 5 year old son who was apparently hooked up to a sugar IV all day at school. 
(should have been a sign...)
But the day has a bright spot with your 6 year old princess who loves nothing more than to get some fancy clothes on and get her picture taken. 

So we go outside and I set up my handy little tripod. 
In a yard that is totally uneven. 
(hello crooked pictures!!)
And here's how Christmas card picture 2010 went...

First we start with the husband still annoyed that he has to take pictures on his day off. 


Then we pick back up where things start going a tad bit downhill. 

 


You see I'm still trying. Everyone else might have thrown in the towel, but I'm not giving up yet. 
But then this happens, and I know we're done. 


sigh. 
Boys will be boys, 
right? 




10 comments:

Kris said...

For 'mistakes' they turned out great!

Unknown said...

I think those would make hilarious christmas card photos :)

Amber said...

might as well show real life right!? haha

A Beautiful Life said...

i actually really like the one where he is pulling her hat, but she's smiling and the hubby is looking at daughter, that is CUTE!
yeaaaaaa, we just had ours done, professionally (the 1st time in over 7 yrs). i just hope he got 1 decent one out of like 100. sigh...
i'm seriously thinking for the next few years it will be just the kids, and maybe have them doing whatever, cuz hey that's our life and noone looks at the camera the same time or sits still..haha

hill said...

that is hysterical.
and so real.
xoxo.

Wanting What I Have said...

Love these pictures!!! We just took ours and they look about like yours! Only, we tried to get both dogs in there, too. I hope you pick one of these for your card! :)

Nikki said...

This cracked me up! And, I can totally relate!

Wendy said...

Ha Ha!!!! I totally understand :)

mrs.natu said...

thanks for your comment on my page! i absolutely LOVE the 2nd family picture here…that is perfection! so funny & cute!

Genevieve said...

haha too cute, you have an adorable family!