02 September 2010

Homework - Embrace the Camera

We have been doing the back to school thing for 3 weeks now. The excitement and newness has worn off and we are settling into our routines. Well, they all are, I'm still trying to figure out what my day is going to consist of from the hours of 9-1:30 since there aren't any kids demanding my attention or husbands boring me with another hour of some Playstation game. Afternoons have their own routine though, which we've all settled nicely into. Both kids have homework on a daily basis now and I can't help but smile and be super proud of Bryce while he sits there and amazes me with what he's learned that day.


Homework is nothing new to Miss Baylie though. She now has weekly spelling lists and her homework this week all had to do with those words. She had to write them out multiple times and make up sentences with the words. Trying to get her to write all her letters correctly has been a task. She likes to put her own twist on her letters to make them extra fancy and is a bit disappointed that her teacher doesn't see her humor.

(I promise you Baylie, there is no "A" in the word 'down')


I love how she brings her bottom lip up over the top of her top lip when she's concentrating really hard. I doubt she'll think its super cute in a few years, but for now I'll enjoy my silent giggle every time I see it. 

11 comments:

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Ah, yes ... those back-to-school moments are back! Sweet pics.

Kristin said...

Those are some real "mom moments". I love that you captured homework time!

Amber said...

Great to capture the normal moments.

Wendy said...

So sweet! And seriously, I love all their little quirks. My daughter chews on her tongue when she concentrates ~ too funny!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! It's so great that you have captured the time you spend helping your kids finish their homework!

I know what you mean about putting the bottom lip over the top. My favorite is when they stick their tongue out a little in concentration!

Unknown said...

good job mom! ;o)

A Beautiful Life said...

i like how you captured the sweet everyday little moments, that's what both kids and mom will remember...

Anonymous said...

I like that these are every day pictures! That's the fun stuff to catch on camera- the things you think you will never forget, but will be fun to look back on.

emily anderson said...

i agree with everybody else...the everyday pictures are the best :)

Amy H. said...

I too love the everyday moments...


Stopping by from Em's
xo
Amy

Carey C. Bailey said...

Look both exciting and intense. With joy, Carey