You were supposed to read that title like the announcer on Spongebob in his foreign voice. Have no idea what I'm talking about? Good for you. I'm not proud that I'm referencing Spongebob. haha. Anyways...
So yes, one week later and I'm finally getting around to filling you in on the little details of Bryce's big day. I took a lot of pictures. When I have a lot of pictures to choose from I get a little overwhelmed at choosing which ones I am going to put on here which causes me to put it off. For a week this time.
The day started off by getting ready for cowboy day. Remember that picture from the other day? When he got home from school he had a special birthday crown.
After Dad got home we went to McDonald's for dinner like he requested. This McDonald's play place is quite something. It has a rain forest theme. Complete with a screeching chimpanzee and a giraffe that blinks it's eyes. (We thought it was a tad on the creepy side...)
But the kids liked it. I think they spent equal time playing and just sitting or standing around taking it all in. Luckily, we had the "lets go home now so B can open his presents" excuse to not stay there all night. He enjoyed all his presents while Richard and I looked at each thing and was adding up all the time we would be sitting there surgically removing everything from it's packaging. Wow. They've gone crazy with that packaging. You should not need a screwdriver to get something out of a package! Right?
Then it was time for cake.
And that's when we realized we didn't have a lighter. Richard used up the last of the one we had lighting the grill the other day. So we started thinking of how we could light a candle without a lighter.
Well, that didn't work, but lighting paper on that burner did. So Bryce got his candles lit and we sang to him. We asked him if he wanted us to sing to him and he eagerly said yes. He loved being the center of attention. Baylie would have shyed away from it all, but not my Bryce... He wanted it all. No skimping on his birthday.
So that's how Bryce's birthday day went down. It was perfect in his eyes, waiting 10 minutes for us to light his candles and all, and that's all that matters.
Now I'm off to go through Bryce's toy box to make room for all these new toy additions...
No comments:
Post a Comment