Today is Busia's birthday. She's turning 45. Honest. ;)
So because today is Busia's birthday we'll use this post to thank you for the card Bryce found in the mail yesterday. (And Grandma and Uncle Jason too!)
We got home from school and I told Bryce he could go check the mail. It's the kids new obsession - checking the mail. And since it was his birthday he could check it instead of waiting for Baylie to get home so they could check it together. He got to the end of the sidewalk and unfortunately, his 5 year old arms wouldn't reach all the way into the mailbox to get its contents. So he called for help. Inside that mail box was a blue envelope addressed to B. Instant big ol' smile. I handed it to him and he took off.
We got inside and opened it up. I read the alligator in the shape of a 5 card out loud to him as he smiled more. Then I told him that there was a gift card in there that had $50 on it. 50 dollars??!!
"Well, where is it? This doesn't look like money..." I told him that it was like Daddy and Mommy's cards that they use all the time to pay for stuff. He says "Oh, ok." Then he starts to walk away. And then...
"You know how many Transformers I can buy with $50??!!"
"Wow, that's awesome."
Thank you Busia, Grandma, and Uncle Jason for all the Transformer money. And Busia - We hope your birthday is just as awesome as you helped to make Bryce's. We'll keep you updated on how our shopping day goes.
Should be interesting...
No comments:
Post a Comment