20 November 2010

craft-tastic saturday!

I was inspired by one of my of my favorite blogs this week. 
the fabulous lady that I link up with every Thrusday for embrace the camera, 
has decided to start doing a diy craft every Monday until Christmas. 
The point is to have some great home made goodies to give to your friends and family for Christmas.

However... 
I was selfish this week and thought
Wow. I really like that annnnd I want to keep it.
Hopefully she'll show us something next week that I can make for someone else... 

So anyways...
You can click on that link above to check out what last Monday's diy was,
what inspired mine.

My kitchen needs help. 
It's one of those rooms that I never put much thought in to.
But I spend a lot of time in there, 
and you can see it from practically anywhere in the house. 
So I've been wanting to spruce it up.
Painting the walls would be great. 
It would solve a lot of the issue.
But it's just not worth it since we'd have to paint it back in a few months. 
So I've started with some art. 
Well, I don't think Richard thinks it's art, but I do. 


(excuse the picture, I think my camera is trying to die on me)

I got the frames at the thrift store for $1 each. 
Spray paint was $1
I printed the fork and spoon onto card stock that I already had. 
And hung them with ribbon that I already had. 
So the whole project cost me $3. 

Then I used some of the spray paint left over from Baylie's night stand to paint another frame I got at the thrift store. 
It was $1 also. 
The fabric flowers and card stock I already had. 
So this one cost me $1. 
It's going to sit on her night stand next to her lamp. 


But we're not stopping there, 
Nope. 
We're making pine cone turkeys today. 
Because Baylie insists we have a fabulous centerpiece for our Thanksgiving dinner. 
She might just be the next Sandra Lee...

1 comment:

Goodnight moon said...

The fork and spoon pic is adorable!!!! Awesome job! Isn't it fun to get creative!