Today's embrace the camera is brought to you by the number 3.
(which is the number of days my camera has been MIA)
And the letter F.
For Friggin math homework.

Like I said, my camera has been missing since Monday night.
!!!!!
I used it to take a picture of Baylie that night because she was sleeping funny on her bed,
and now I can't find it anywhere.
I've tore her room apart thinking I left it in there, tore my room apart, scoured the living room and office.
Nothing.
(and no, this is not a ploy to get Richard to buy me a new one...)
So anyways, on to that friggin math homework.
Bay has regular math homework and once or twice a week she has something called 'sunshine math'.
Sunshine math is giving me a headache.
Because it's a bunch of thinking outside the box type of questions.
Which my Baylie is not very awesome at.
(she gets that from her Daddy...)
Questions like:
Ken ran 5 yards.
Then he ran 7 more.
Then he lost 2 yards.
His jersey number is 13.
How many total yards did Ken run?
And we sit there for-everrrr because she can't figure out why we aren't adding that 13 in there somwhere.
I mean, why would they give you a number if you aren't supposed to do something with it?
So here we are,
trying our best not to get too frustrated with each other or the friggin math homework.
These pictures were taken with my phone, so please excuse their quality.
I put them in a collage to try to make up for it...
haha.
You see the middle one?
That's about the time she broke my heart.
She put her head down and said,
"I hate math"
But we got through it.
Only a few tears were shed.
And math homework is over for the week.
Yay!!

5 comments:
Oh my. I was that little girl. Math was so hard for me and so frustrating. It was the bane of my school-year existence. I'm sure it broke my moms heart too.
Love the homework pics!!!!!!!!! Hope the math gets a little easier as time goes on :)
bummer. Hope you find your camera and I hope that math gets easier.
aww. i hate that those days are in my near future. she's cute as a button.
geesh, this is the very reason why i can't homeschool...i get sooo frustrated!
and you and lindsey (commenter above me) look exactly alike. for reals.
Post a Comment