15 November 2010

this post may cause itching...

It's been a long weekend. 
Like llllooooonnnnngggg... 

It ended with the discovery of that dreaded 'L' word. 
lice.
I'll wait a minute while you start itching uncontrollably. 
Isn't it weird how just hearing a word can make you into something of a hypochondriac instantly. 
But I'm with you...
eeek... 

So we did the whole "lets get rid of those bugs" routine. 
We washed her hair with the special shampoo.


And then we started the ridiculously long process of combing through her hair. 
It took about an hour and a half. 
She didn't have a bad case, 
I only found about 10 bugs throughout the whole process. 
There were some eggs though. 


 I was as thorough as I could be, 
and I think I got everything. 
I checked her a few times last night, 
and didn't find anything. 
*sigh* 

I'm keeping her home today though just in case. 
Richard thinks I'm being a little too thorough though.
All I know is that I would be pretty upset to know that someone sent their child to school with a somewhat uncertain knowledge of whether or not the issue was taken care of.
Right? 

No comments: