22 May 2010

Fish, puppies, and crawfish... Oh, my!!!

Today was a very busy day for Team Roberts. We woke up and the kids "made cereal". I bought a pack of the variety small boxes and gave them their milk in a cup to pour in their bowl. Bryce is obsessed with making his own cereal. Richard and I had bacon and eggs. Yum. Although now that I write it, it makes me feel bad that I fed my kids cereal and we got the good stuff. I promise that's what they wanted. We're not punishing them. =)

We went fishing this morning off a pier at a local state park. The kids used their cane pole for about 10 minutes before they got bored with that. They went off exploring not long after we got there. I took my brand spankin new bright pink fishing pole out and caught 4 fish with it. This is her. Her name is Magenta. (For obvious reasons)


That's her hanging out with Richard's poles. He got me that pole for my birthday. He said he was embarrassed carrying it out of Walmart when he bought it. Doesn't surprise me. I guess it explains why I didn't get a pole from Bass Pro Shops like he did... There's NO WAY he was going to walk out of there with a pink pole. Oh, Richard...

After we got back from fishing I threw a fit because I spent all these months working on my tan. I even bought a new bathing suit this year so I wouldn't have tan lines on my chest and shoulders. My tan was great and it was tan line free... Until this morning. I wore a tank top and I now have a tank top farmers tan. All that work down the drain. Ugh. This is the front!! Imagine what a dork I look like from behind with my back having a similar half circle burn on it...


I got a call from a friend of ours asking if I could ID our new puppy from the rest because the guy we are getting her from seemed to forget which one was ours. (One of those things I knew KNEW was going to happen. Good thing we caught it early though. He already had someone wanting her. So we decided we didn't want to take any chances that he'd forget again so we drove up there and put a very feminine pink (I say collar) Richard says harness on her. She's grown quite a bit since we seen her last. I got the smallest harness possible and it barely fit her. I figured it would fit her for a little bit longer than it did. Here's a picture of what Miss Mabel looks like today...


Isn't she the cutest thing you've ever seen??!! She's starting to look more like a puppy now. She's starting to act more like a puppy too. The kids thought it was funny that she would chase their feet. We will be bringing her home next Sunday. (The 30th)

When we got there the owner of Mabel's mama was having a crawfish boil. Richard was quite excited, because in all his 27 years he's never tried these yummy red crustaceans. (Not the right way anyways...) This is him getting a lesson on how to open them correctly and how to get the meat out.


Richard is now a fan of crawfish to say the least. We are thinking of having an official boil while we are home on leave. I hope y'all (yup, I'm still southern haha) will join us!!

No comments: