That's right. Mr. Bryce is gullible. Very gullible. Which I'm sure most parents would agree... that comes in handy sometimes.
We've fallen off the wagon again lately on eating healthy. The two trips to Taco Bell this last weekend was proof of that. We decided that on Monday we would get back to eating healthy like we were supposed to be doing. For some reason we thought that bbq chicken sounded AMAZING last night for dinner. Along with the chicken we had Bryce's favorite...

Broccoli!! And his least favorite...

Sweet potatoes. He cringes every time I say we're having sweet potatoes. But he gets some on his plate every time we have them. We have the one bite rule at our house. You have to take one bite, you don't have to like it, but you have to take one bite. Every time it's put on your plate. For the most part it works. Once they get past the mental part of being positive they wont like it and really taste it, they usually like whatever they are eating.
Last night we took a little different approach with Bryce. He's been OBSESSED with his muscles lately. For some reason he thinks his arm muscle is here...
In his elbow. Every time we say "show us your muscles" he proudly displays his elbow. We've been telling the kids (and Baylie has been learning in school) that vegetables help you grow big and strong. So as we were sitting at the table last night eating dinner I was watching Bryce pick around his sweet potatoes, devouring his "trees", and eating his chicken in between that. I said "You know Bryce, those sweet potatoes will make those arm muscles of yours pretty big." His eyes got big and I could tell he totally ate up what I said. So I pushed a little further. "How about you take another bite." When he was done with that bite I said "Yup, that muscle definitely got bigger..." So he took another bite. And another bite. After the bites I would point out a different "muscle" that got bigger. Before he knew it those sweet potatoes were gone and he was quite convinced his muscles were getting HUGE.
I will leave you with my little Picasso's art work she brought home today. And yes, this is the correct placement. (I was told I was taking a picture of it upside down a little while ago.)
No comments:
Post a Comment