15 May 2010

Going to the "Moobies"

Well, sofar so good. Day two and I'm keeping up the every day posting!! =)
This weekend is FINALLY a weekend where we have NOTHING to do. No weddings, no working (except for the occasional phone call I'm sure), no plans!! I'm excited. It's been awhile. So last night we started our weekend with a trip to the "moobie feeter". We went to see "How to Train Your Dragon". We got there a little early (my fault, I figured traffic would be worse) So we paid for our tickets. I cringed smiled nicely as she said "that will be $27.50". She informed me that they do not have discounted prices for children. Nor do they offer a military discount. Lovely. We had about 20 minutes before our movie was set to start so we gravitated towards the arcade. Richard and I used to have to go to any movie about a half hour early with tons of quarters so he could play the arcade games. It looks as if he's passing that down to our son.


Baylie decided she was going to try out being a biker chick...

It was finally time for our movie. We headed up to the concession stand. I remembered to bring little zip lock bags so we could just buy one thing of popcorn and split it. I thought I was being thrifty. After the large popcorn and large drink combo and Richard's cherry slushie and reeces pieces we handed over another $20. Another cringe Another polite smile and we were on our way to theater #5. The movie was great!! There was only one bathroom break for each kid through out the movie and we all enjoyed our popcorn and drinks. The kids had juice boxes that I snuck in and Richard and I shared the biggest cup of Coke I've ever seen. I had to use two hands like a toddler to drink from it. So I guess in the end "How to Train Your Dragon" got two thumbs up from the Roberts family.
And of course, as I told you yesterday, Bryce has some issues staying awake in the car these days. Last night was no exception...

No comments: