31 May 2010

Yours is special cause I messed it up

Last night I let Baylie make dinner. She's been bugging begging me to let her "cook food" for a few weeks now. So last night was her night. She brought out the little cars step stool that we keep in the bathroom (under the sink, so there was no Bryce pee on it, just in case you were grossed out for a minute) and put it in front of the stove. I breathed in and out letting go of my controlling ways, and handed her a piece of buttered bread. I think I said "don't touch the pan" and "be careful, it will burn you" about 50 times before all 4 pieces of buttered bread and cheese were down. I handed her the spatula and told her to flip them over. She shoved a little too hard in stead of wiggling the spatula under (one of those things you don't realize you do until you see someone else not do it) so that first sandwich was a little squished.

Baylie decided that with their grilled cheese sandwiches they were going to have applesauce and blueberries. (I again let go of my controlling ways and said "sounds awesome".) She put the sandwiches on the plates and added the blueberries and applesauce and then put them on the table for them. She got out the spoons and put their cups on the table.


After a few minutes I hear Baylie say "See that part right there - Yours is special because I messed it up." (She was pointing to the spot that she had pushed the bread up with the spatula.) Bryce definitely believed her and thought that he had quite the special sandwich. I wonder if she'll try to use that line with her husband one day...

No comments: