27 May 2010

No!! Not baby Cinderella!!

Well, you all know how yesterday started out. And you know how it ended. (With tricking them into getting rid of all their energy at the pool so they'll fall right asleep when it's time to go to bed) Here's what happened in the middle...

I figured if I was walking into the kids rooms looking like this more often than not...


Than it was probably time to go through the toys and get rid of the ones that we no longer have use for. (coincidentally, that's the same face I made when I looked at this picture and noticed how awful I've let my eyebrows get...) So I got two trash bags and set off for Bryce's room first. Bryce was easy. He knew from the start what he wanted and what he was ready to get rid of. Easy. Fifteen minutes and I was outta there. However less than fifteen minutes later that room of his was trashed again. Go figure.

Baylie's room was a different story. Baylie seemed overwhelmed with the thought of having to figure out whether she wanted to keep a toy, give it away, or trash it. "Well, no toy deserves the trash Mom..." Eh, Baylie.

So we started out simple. Let's get all the toys out from under your bed and from under the chest that your TV is on.


That took awhile... And then started the plea's for her toy's lives. "Look, she can still sit even if she doesn't talk anymore and her hair stands up by itself."


"She's still so cute and she makes me smile..."


I asked her when the last time she played with it was and she said "Last Monday. At 3:45." Hmmm.


So the doll is safe... For now.

No comments: