Could there be anything sweeter than a little boy and his dog? I don't think there is. Bryce has decided Mabel is his new best friend. He's cleaned his room a record amount of 5 times this weekend in the hopes that we'd agree to let her go play in his room. He's brought his blanket out and spread it out on the floor for her to have a "puppy place to play". He's asked 576,978.5 times if she could sleep in his room during his quiet time and at night. He's gotten her toys and offered to give her his dinner. Nope, there's not a whole lot that Bryce hasn't done or offered to do with his best friend Mabel this weekend.
We had a very rainy Memorial Day weekend. I didn't mind so much, it was nice to have some relaxing days without much to do. Richard got a little cabin fever I think since he wasn't able to get a line in the water until yesterday morning. Such a shame, a 4 day weekend and hardly any fishing!! Yesterday started out rainy, but it cleared up by late morning. Richard set off to the closest fishing spot and started trying to make up for all that lost time. The kids and I (including Mabel) met him out at the pier with some lunch. We enjoyed some yummy pb & j and granola bars.
This was Mabel's first trip to the pier. I'm not sure it was love at first sight. But that's ok, piers are kind of boring. She wasn't too fond of being tied up with her leash. She's still not used to her leash at all really. I told her she'd have to deal with it - no one wants a puppy falling off the pier and being eaten by a hungry alligator...
After she got over her initial stubbornness, she decided it might not be so bad out there. It sure was hot though.
So she decided to find some shade for a nap.
Bryce decided to go give me constant heart attacks by playing on the bench at the other end of the pier. I may look into getting a similar harness/leash setup for him too...
Baylie decided to lay down and take a nap in the sun, but not before managing to kick over a can of diet coke all over my camera. EEEEKKKK!!! That camera is my lifeline. Luckily it didn't seem to affect it. It will just have random sticky spots for the next few months.
On the way home I offered to let Bryce hold Mabel in his seat in hopes that it would calm the beast that was raging inside him because he wasn't quick enough to say "me" first when Daddy said "Who wants to ride home in the truck?". It worked fairly well, there were only a few stuck out lips and dirty looks at Baylie. Because, really... is there anything better than riding with your dog on your lap?? Except maybe riding in a TRUCK with a dog on your lap...

No comments:
Post a Comment