06 July 2010

8 random things I thought you should know

Well I think it's about time for one of those random posts again. I've got a bunch of miscellaneous stuff just laying around. So here it goes...

1. And this is a big one so hold on to your seats... Bryce can spell his name!! Remember the letters he cut out and decorated? Well, we put them on the wall in his bedroom and all day saturday we worked it. (And I mean aaalllllll day.) He was good until we got to 'E'. We'd tell him it was an 'E', and we'd ask him what it was right after telling him and he'd say "I dunno" or "I forgot". He was getting really mad and annoyed with us, but we kept at it. He even told us "I just don't like this name, I don't want to be Bryce anymore" and "I just wont go to school" and "I don't think I want to spell my name that way". It was a long day. But the next morning he woke up and spelled his name. He can even tell us how to spell it without looking at the letters now.



2. My son is an official video game player now. We bought him a Leapster to help with learning his letters. I've gone back and forth whether or not to get him one, but I figured in the end with the Leapster all his games would be educational. It's something that he can grow with (with the age levels going to age 8 on the games) and something that would be a good reward for him. He's a fan...


3. Today is Uncle Julian's birthday!!!


I'm not exactly sure what's going on with Baylie's fingers in this picture, but I'm going to go ahead and blame it on her Grandfather...

4. I fixed the dryer today!! It only took two trips to Foley (A town about a half hour away) and two different parts adding up to $32. The "plan" is back in action. Only 8 more months left until I can stare at these beauties in my own laundry room...


5. My finger is finally healed up. I'm still not really sure what caused it to get all red and hurt. But at least I do not have to walk around with this on my finger anymore (And yes, I bought new band-aids today just in case I have to wear one again. Camo is not for me.)


It looks like I'm trying to pull off some kind of lame advertisement saying "I'm married to the military" or something. I'm happy to say that I have my wedding ring back on my finger and it doesn't hurt anymore. Hooray!!

6. Yes, we were some of the irresponsible parents who let our kids light fireworks this Independence Day...


We made sure they knew to light it and run away as fast as they could...


They had fun. And no one got hurt. That's all that matters. No hate mail please. Haha!!

7. Miss Baylie somehow convinced her brother to dress up in one of her princess dresses. I'm not sure how she managed that, but when I brought out the camera he started thinking it wasn't such a good idea after all. And now I'm posting it online so all his future girlfriends can see it years down the road...


The backpack adds a manly touch though... Right?

8. Richard went back to work today. He was super stoked. He was getting grumpy. He says no, but I totally think it's because at home he can't be this guy...


Either way, he's back to work and our routines have started to get back to normal again. Which is nice. But we'll only get to have that nice routine for about 40 more days, because then it's off to sunny Florida!!

No comments: