Last week was a really busy week here at the Roberts household. We're in full moving duty stations mode now. Which means, really, that I'm on my phone at least 3 hours a day making phone calls to TMO (The people who will be moving us), the housing department at our new duty station, future schools for my children, doctors to get updated records, and miscellaneous calls back to my husband for further details about one thing or another because for some reason he thinks "I didn't realize you would need to know that...". With our move a month away I've also started getting into purging and organization mode. I compared it to the nesting feeling you get when you are just about to have your baby. You have this overwhelming need to have everything in it's place. Yesterday I filled one trash bag and have a box full of stuff to donate.
Richard will be by himself for the next two weeks at work. The others are away on a training mission a few states away. Richard has decided in that time he wants to take on the task of sanding and refinishing our dining room table. He's been wanting to do this for awhile, the opportunity just never really presented itself. He tried to get away with only doing the table. But I quickly vetoed that idea by pointing out how it wouldn't match the chairs. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have my table back. Until then you can find us here...
Using our coffee table as a dining room table. And here...
Using our bench that holds our firewood as a coffee table. Notice my coffee cup? It has snowflakes on it. I so need new coffee cups. Until then, it's Christmas year round at my coffee table!!
Yesterday I downloaded Baylie's school supply list for first grade at her new school. I think you have all read my previous posts about how I'm having a hard time with this first grade thing and her being 6. Well, there was one item on the list that was another punch in the stomach of this Mom who can't accept the fact that her baby is growing up...
A yellow hi-liter!!! I think we'll stay in kindergarten where all we need is crayons...
Well, to end this on a good note, I'll fill you in on the fact that I've found my orange juice again!! I was so excited to see my Minute Maid Low Acid Orange Juice!!!
I'm not sure why it was gone for a few weeks, but I sure am glad it's back.


No comments:
Post a Comment