Last night before we went to bed I heard the familiar sound of Miss Baylie crying in her room. I went in there and she said that her ear hurt. Welcome back ear infection. I wish I could say we missed you. So off to the doctor this morning we went. Turns out she did in fact have have an infection in left ear. She has swelling in both her ears. She's had a cough and a runny nose for a few days, and I don't think the changing of climates this last week has helped either. The doctor agreed with my thoughts of what was more than likely to blame for this last infection... Maybe I'll go to med school... Haha.
While we were at the doctor I asked if the nurse could print out an updated shot record for both of the kids. In Alabama their shot records must be on a piece of paper called a 'blue card'. They need this blue card to register for school. Turns out Bryce needed two shots to be up to date to enroll in school. Luckily, they agreed to give them to him quickly so they could give me an updated and ready for school blue card. Now I have to take this 'blue card' and take it to a doctor in Florida to have it transferred to Florida's 'green card'. To enroll in Florida schools you have to have your child's shot record recorded on the green card. Which is, of course, the exact same thing just a different color of paper. But this is nothing new, I've been dealing with this Alabama vs. Florida thing for a few years now. Seems to waste a lot of my time though...
Bryce took his two shots like a champ. No crying, no screaming, no squirming trying to get away. All he said was "Oww... That hurts." He got a Cars band-aid and all was good with the world again. Seems like kind of a bad deal though. He tags along to his sisters doctor appointment and ends up getting shots. Doesn't really seem fair does it?
The nurse gave him a certificate of bravery which included a coupon for a free ice cream bowl at Chick-fil-a.
So guess where we went for lunch today?? And guess what we had for dessert??
Hooray for being up to date (and finished for a while!!) with our shots and hooray for ice cream!!


No comments:
Post a Comment