03 July 2010

Someone needs to learn the reverse rain dance...

Yesterday morning was another yucky raining off and on kind of morning. I checked the weather last night and it said that we are supposed to have isolated thunderstorms until next Friday. Next Friday!! Blah...

So we spent our morning inside again. I think you all know about my ongoing war with Bryce to learn his letters. He's due to start Pre-K in about 2 months and he still doesn't know half his letters. (That I know of anyways, he could be holding out on me?) This boy is the most anti-learning kid I've ever met. He has absolutely no desire to learn his letters and numbers. I've just kind of let it slide with the idea that it's better not to push him. He'll learn it when he's ready. But how long is too long to just let him do it on "his own time"? So I've decided we're going to devote a little time every day to the alphabet. Today I cut out the letters to his name so he could color them. I figured we'd start with the letters in his name. I want to send him to Pre-K with at least the ability to write his own name. So here he is working on his working on that project...


Baylie wanted to do some kind of art project too, so I convinced her that using the scraps from cutting out Bryce's letters would be fun to color and glue to another piece of paper.


I love the look of concentration on her face when she's coloring. It's too cute.


After we finished our art project it was time for lunch. On the menu was macaroni and cheese with a granola bar and some pears. I picked up the wrong box of mac and cheese at the store the other day. I don't usually get the white cheddar one. And after trying it today, I suggest you don't buy it either. It was kind of flavorless, but salty at the same time. Gross.


Oh, and while we're on the subject of food that annoys me, they've stopped making my favorite kind of orange juice. I can't find it anywhere!! I miss you Minute Maid Low Acid orange juice!!



While we were eating our lunch in the living room picnic style we watched Monster's Inc.


This movie is fast becoming one of our new favorites. As we were watching it I laughed out loud when this character came on...


If you haven't heard the story yet, when Richard and his dad went fishing while we were on leave they took the boat out on the lake. They ended up getting one of their lines wrapped around some part of a docked boat. As they were trying to get it unhooked an older woman came down and said "Whatcha stuck on??!!". They laughed and laughed and said that she sounded just like Roz from Monsters Inc with her deep smokers voice. They mocked her in a Roz like voice for days and days after it happened.

After the movie was done by some miracle the sun actually came out!! So we loaded up in our bathing suits and headed for the pool. Oh, the pool. How I've missed you!!! I think it's safe to say these monkey's missed you too...


No comments: