I've really been slacking on here lately, I'm aware. But hey, even every other day is pretty good... So here's a little bit of randomness to catch you up.
A. The kids had a sleepover the other night. They were actually asleep before 10pm...
B. Our friends Danica and Chloe were in town, and we had lunch with them on Friday. We picked a place with an indoor play place because it was threatening rain and it was 1000 degrees outside. We ended up spending 3 hours in Chick-fil-a. I bet the people that worked there thought we were crazy. But these kids had fun, so that's all that mattered. (And Mommy had some adult conversation... Which was also very nice)
Maybe we should have tried for the picture before letting them run around like caged animals for a few hours? When it was time to go we said farewell, secretly hoping that we can have many more play dates like this one in the near future. If we get our choice of next duty station maybe we can be neighbors... Keep your fingers crossed for us.
C. My kids never get sick of going to see the fish at Bass Pro Shop. Maybe they get it from their Dad, because I don't think he could ever get sick of going there either.
D. Bryce's stuffed dog, Brownie, needed some minor surgery the other night. It was a little traumatic. But all is well, and Brownie now has quite the manly 'scar' on his back now.
E. On Saturday Richard took Bryce to see The last airbender (Avatar) movie. Bryce was beyond stoked to be going to see it. They met up with one of Richard's Marines and his boys and had a manly day. Which included a movie, popcorn, and playing video games. Meanwhile, Baylie and I went to lunch. She was excited for our girl day and decided to dress for the occasion.
We went to Olive Garden for lunch and enjoyed some coloring and Chicken Alfredo. Yum!
We went to Build a Bear after lunch so Baylie could use a $5 coupon she got for her birthday. She used it towards a new puppy. She named it Hailey. After Build a Bear we went to Pottery Barn (I could totally empty out our bank account there) and then to Target.
F. My Husband is a hoarder. But he only hoards one thing. Old military attire. Last year I found a sea bag full of sea bags. I am quite sure we agreed to get rid of some of those sea bags. Who needs 25 sea bags? But guess what I found in our storage closet yesterday? That sea bag full of sea bags. !!!! We also have a sea bag and a box full of old cammies. The old tri color ones that he's not allowed to wear anymore. He wants to keep them though because he "wore them to war". All 30 pairs. Seriously. There's way too many pairs of cammies. This is just some of the stuff I pulled out yesterday to go through...
I'm going to make him a tshirt that says "Hello, my name is Richard and I'm a hoarder."
G. I got my table back last night!!! It was so great to be able to eat at a regular table again. Sitting in regular chairs. Richard did a really good job on it. It looks brand new. (This picture does not really do it justice though)
H. We are in the process of trying to find a house to rent when Richard starts school. The base housing is kind of far away from where Richard's actual school location is. He would have to drive through base, go through the gate, drive through 2 towns and drive back through another gate to the location of his school. It would probably take him 30-40 minutes to drive one way. So wish us luck, so far it's been a challenge.
No comments:
Post a Comment