Miss Baylie has followed in her NayNay's genetic footsteps once again. Yesterday she was diagnosed with hives. I've never in my life had hives. I had no idea what they were. Richard was clueless also. They looked like bug bites at first. I thought maybe some fleas got in to her room because it was only on her and I know you don't have to have dogs or cats to get fleas in your house. Especially when you live in an apartment. My neighbors have dogs. We thought there was some kind of bug in her room and so we sprayed her whole room with some flea spray. It was supposed to kill fleas and ants and a few other bugs as well. We had Bay sleep in Bryces room that night just in case. She had bites all over her body, I was not going to let her lay there and get bit all night again.
Fast forward to yesterday morning and she woke up looking like this...
(You can click on the pictures to make them bigger)
Luckily, I guess you can look at it that way, Bryce was up through the night complaining that his ears hurt. He's had a cough for a week or so now and it's moved into his nose and then his ears. So we got ourselves around and went into our doctor. Bryce did in fact have an ear infection. He had a middle ear infection, the doctor said it could have came from his cold or from swimming in the pool or from the beach. Who knows??!! The doctor checked out Bay real quick and informed me that they were not bites, they were hives. He told me to stop any of her current medications and basically just wait for them to go away.
When we got home from the doctor and the store to get Bryce's medicine I gave her another dose of benedryl. The good thing about benedryl is that it stops her itching and has a side effect of this...
Which is good, because she really needed a nap yesterday. An itchy Baylie makes for a grumpy Baylie. After her nap I checked her out again and it looked like the spots had gotten a little worse. Maybe the heat from being wrapped in a blanket caused them to flare up? I think its weird how they just seem to move around also...
Naynay suggested we try an oatmeal bath. I don't think Baylie was a fan. I think she thinks I am crazy. Her laying in a bathtub with oatmeal all around her was a bit too much for her to fully comprehend.
She was super tense and wouldn't relax at all. So I don't think we'll try the oatmeal bath again. Besides Bay not enjoying the bath, it leaves this mess...
After her bath we slathered on some calamine lotion. Baylie chose the pink over the clear of course. She thought it was pretty neat. She said it was like painting on her.
Her hives aren't really going away just yet, but we've got the itching under control. Hopefully they clear up in the next few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment