Tomorrow will end Bryce's second week of school. I could not even begin to describe how excited he is to be going to school now. To put it mildly... He loves it. So here's a day in the life of Bryce...
First we wake up. I don't usually get him up until I've sent Baylie off to school. This way they each get their time in the morning. Baylie is NOT a morning person, neither am I really, so I keep them apart to ward off any fights they might have first thing in the morning. It works well for all involved. So about 7:30 Mr. Bryce wakes up. He proceeds to the living room where he informs me he wants waffles for breakfast. Every morning. Some times he gets waffles, some times he sulks for a few minutes and then decides on something else. After he's sat down at the table he watches one of his favorite shows, Sid the Science Kid (on PBS).
Sid the Science Kid is followed by Super Why. During Super Why we get dressed. After getting dressed, then starts the million "is it time for school yet?" questions. After Super Why is done then comes on Bryce's favorite show right now. Dinosaur Train. He's like a zombie during this show. He loves it. When there's only a few minutes left in the show it's time to leave for school. That's when I feel the need to whip out my camera (again) to take pictures of how cute he looks carrying his school bag and water bottle.
He informed me this morning that he was supposed to wear yellow today. Good thing he owns a yellow shirt. Why do they always wait until morning right before school to inform you that they need something special. Ugh. But doesn't he look cute?? We get in the car and drive the couple minutes to his school. We oohhh and aahhh over the boats in the bay and he makes sure to ask me for the 7th time that morning if I remembered to put an ice pack in his lunch. So it will still be cold by lunch time. Because that's very important. So here's what it looks like pulling up to his school.
We pull up behind that gray truck and wait for the teacher to come out to collect Bryce. I tell him for the 4th time that morning to make sure he's nice to the kids and listen to his teachers, and then I wish him a good day. Then I drive off for my 4 and a half free hours.
At a little after 1pm I set off to pick Mr B. up. He gets in the car and proceeds to tell me about all the kids in his class and sometimes he'll offer up what he did that day. Usually I have to ask him super specific questions to find out what he did during that day. When we get home I open up his folder to see his work for the day. Here's some of the papers he's brought home this week.
After we get home Bryce has a snack and waits somewhat impatiently for Baylie to get home. Today we went outside to cut the grass. Bryce was my helper picking up the toys in the backyard and the miscellaneous branches that had fallen off the trees. Then he drove his dump truck around the yard while I finished up the front yard. Baylie came home a few minutes after we finished up and we took a trip to Lowes to replace Daddy's sander.
Daddy is now banned from Lowe's and Home Depot. Until further notice...
No comments:
Post a Comment