16 August 2010

Hello First Grade!!

So I gave in and allowed Miss Baylie to go forward to first grade. Although my plan of keeping her in kindergarten forever was a good plan. She was very excited to go to school this morning. She didn't even want to finish her breakfast thinking that the sooner she got done the sooner she could go to school.

The paper the lady at the school gave me said that her bus would be here at 6:32 this morning. It did not get here until 6:45. So we stood out there like dorks for 15 minutes. Turns out there are no other kids on this side of the street that get on the bus so she will be picked up and dropped off right at our house instead of a few houses down. The only thing I don't like is that she rides with middle school kids. They drop the middle schoolers off and then drop off the elementary kids. I wish it was only elementary kids on her bus, but I think she'll be okay.


She was super excited to wear her new light up shoes (ugh) and use her new backpack that came with a stuffed animal attached. She said that she hoped that they would learn some science today but was a little unhappy with the thought of not getting to play as much as when she was in kindergarten. I think she'll love being in school again. She's been ready to go back. I think we're all ready for some routine again.

No comments: