Our move is just about complete now. There are exactly 2 boxes left in our house that need to be put away. I still need to straighten and organize a bit, but for the most part we are settled. I also need to put our pictures and miscellaneous items on the wall.
It all started on Monday of last week. The packers came and packed our entire house. The kids thought it was interesting and asked countless questions. Selfishly, I let them ask and ask and ask their questions to the packers. It kept them from asking me countless questions throughout the day.
Well folks, I think they got themselves a little payback for the question torture they had to endure. As I was unpacking stuff I ran across numerous situations like this...
Yes, those are millions of little sequins. They were in a zip lock bag. But they decided to open up that zip lock bag and empty out those millions of sequins into their packing paper and roll it up with some stickers and put it in a box so that when I opened up this packing paper blob those millions of sequins would fall all over my floor. Touche packers. Touche.
Another box that had me all "what in the world..."
A box of random stuff with a loaf of bread at the bottom. I mean really, did you really think that I would unpack this smashed to pieces loaf of bread that was sitting in a box for days in the heat and eat a sandwich with it? Maybe they were getting back at us for this situation...
That would be Richard playing Playstation while they were packing our house. I bet that sort of thing annoys them. I'm sure they're at lunch all "Did you see that jerk, playing his Playstation while we're slaving away packing his house??!!" Ya, that's probably what the bread situation is about.
Some things weren't our fault. Some of the things were just classic military move things. Like the fact that I could not find my coffee maker. I was starting to get worried that they had lost that box. That would be my luck right... Well, I ended up finding it in a box labeled 'towels'. Makes sense right? And then there's the paper that they wrap everything in. I think our move may be responsible for cutting down a small forest. All this paper came from one box...
They wrap everything in this paper. Everything. Even things that you and I would just put in a box. Like cords or paper. Yes, I had some paper wrapped paper in some of our boxes. At least we have recycling service that picks up at our house. We gave them about 20 boxes yesterday. The kids are very excited about our new recycling box. They want to recycle everything. Even some things that you cant recycle. But you can now add the Roberts family to the list of faithful recyclers.
As we get our house put together I'll start putting pictures up of our house. Today I'll leave you with one of my favorite parts... The fenced in backyard. I can shuffle the kids out there when they start to get too crazy and not have to worry about them one bit.
I'm not sure who's more excited... Me or them.
1 comment:
At least Bryce has plenty of new blankets thanks to all of the paper. He'll be the warmest homeless kid this winter.
Post a Comment