Yesterday was a blah kind of day. I had no motivation what so ever to do anything really. It was probably because I had a decent sized to-to list. Mainly phone calls to make regarding our move next week. Wasn't in the mood. So I procrastinated. And before I knew it, it was noon. Then I felt annoyed because I wasted half a day doing nothing. So I made the absolute necessary phone calls and called it a day. We ran a few errands that had to be done and came back to eat lunch. Bryce ended up falling asleep after he ate lunch. And if you know anything about Bryce you know NOT to wake him up. He becomes a crazy out for blood bear if you wake him. So he slept. And slept. And woke up around 4:30. Then I felt slightly annoyed again because now it's almost dinner time and we've done nothing today.
And then it hit me. No day is totally wasted when you are just casually hanging out with your kids. That's what summer is for, right? Not having plans and just doing what you want, when ever you want to do it. So it's ok that we stayed in our pajamas until noon. It's ok that after we went around town in thousand degree heat that Bryce took a peaceful two and a half hour nap on the couch. Baylie and I found quiet things to do while we were trying to avoid waking the bear.
After a snack to calm grumpy Bryce after he woke up we decided a trip to the beach was in order. Normally, I would have said no, we are getting ready to eat dinner, maybe we can go tomorrow. But then I realized that dinner would still be here once we got back. We live only a few minutes from the beach and I love that. I love that my kids are growing up on the water. There is something special about the beach. Especially when the sun is going down over the water. So we packed a few towels and headed to the beach.
And we played nicely together.
And we splashed in the water.
And I got to take some pictures of my babies at the beach... Which is one of my favorite things to do.
Too bad Daddy had to work... It would have been a perfect night if he'd been there.


No comments:
Post a Comment