Richard has been wanting to have a little fish fry for awhile now. It has always sounded good, but the thought of what my house would smell like after it was done had me putting it off for quite some time.
He's had his fish fry 'batter' for a month or two now. Just sitting there waiting, somewhat impatiently... Kind of like Richard.
Well, Wednesday night we got ourselves some fish and fried it up. I was going to get some catfish, just because I knew we all liked it, but then I decided to be adventurous and try something we've never had. I decided on flounder. Not Flounder from the Little Mermaid...
This kind of flounder...
You might have also seen flounder here...
Although that lucky guy got to go back into the gulf. Richard cut up the fillets into smaller chunks and dipped them into egg/milk mixture and then into the breading mixture.
The great thing about having fish for dinner (or even grilling for that matter) is that the hubby actually helps. It's their territory. Well, at least it's their territory until its time to clean up. I like being in the kitchen making dinner with him though. I wish he would come join me more often... Or maybe we'll be grilling out a lot when we move to our new house. (6 days and counting, by the way)
The fish went into the pan and fried up beautifully.
Now, before I show you the finished product, I want you all to know that we do not normally eat like this. Since we are moving next week, I am trying to use up all the things from the freezer and refrigerator. Our meals have been a bit odd the last few days. Kind of a hodge podge of random stuff. So don't go thinking I'm feeding my kids fried this and fried that. Our dinner Wednesday night consisted of flounder, tator tots, and corn on the cob. It sounded good in my head, but when I saw it on the plate I was all 'ooohhh, that's a lot of brown'. It was good though.
Bryce thought it was pretty good. And Baylie thought it was funny that one of her pieces looked like a fish.
It kind of does, right?? After showing us the fish shaped fish, she chomped off it's 'tail'.
So now that we've tried it, flounder gets two thumbs up from the Roberts family.



No comments:
Post a Comment