We've been having a very laid back weekend. I'm exhausted. I feel like I've been running for 2 weeks straight. So I decided I was not doing anything this weekend. (Except grocery shopping... but if I could put that off, I would.) Since I've kept my butt at home I've been able to get some stuff on the walls and focus a little bit on decorating. I still don't have it how I want it, but it's definitely headed in that direction. So I took a few pictures for you. I got our bedroom just about complete...
I still need to get some curtains up and maybe find a few more things for the walls. The bathroom is about as good as it's going to get without convincing the owners to take down that wallpaper. I thought about asking if we could do it and then repaint it, but then I was afraid of what I'd find underneath. So I figured we could live with it for 9 months. The shower is awesome. I'm in love with it. It's just a big stand up shower. No tub. Like I said... I'm in love.
Next is the hall bathroom. The bathroom that the kids use. And any of our guests. Well, some of our guests, because I usually tell them to use our bathroom because I'm afraid of what they'll walk into in the bathroom that Bryce uses. When exactly do boys stop making a ginormous mess every time they go to pee? I'd love to see a pie chart of the breakdown of how much pee actually goes into the toilet versus the floor and walls. Gross. Their bathroom is kind of the same situation as ours... funky wallpaper that makes it kind of impossible to really carry out a theme.
I still need to find a shower curtain for their bathroom. It looked so much cuter when it was in our old house without crazy wallpaper. {sigh}
Next is the living room. I feel like the living room is almost where I want it. I really want to make covers for the couch pillows. I've always hated those pillows. I think I might go to the fabric store today. I still need to figure something out for over the entertainment center too. That corner looks a little bare on the walls.
Around the corner is the dining room. Like if you were walking in that last picture forward and then turn right. I'm thinking about making some curtains for in there, but I'm not sure if it would have to be 3 separate pieces with 3 curtain rods. I think it would add a lot to the space, but I'm not sure.
As you can see, the kitchen is right in between the dining room and living room. We finally got a new dishwasher put in on Friday. The one that was in there didn't work right and it leaked all over the floor and carpet. Big annoying mess. I think the kitchen is just about done. I'm always on the lookout for new things though...
That's the view from the living room to the kitchen. I like that I can watch TV when I'm cooking or doing dishes. I've never really been able to do that before. Can you see the two lunchboxes on top of the microwave? So sad. So sad...
We have an extra room in this house that I think was supposed to be a formal living room or formal dining room. It's the first thing you see when you come in the front door. We've decided to make it an office/kids crafts spot. Our desks are in there and a bookcase with the kids puzzles and craft stuff with a spot on the wall for them to display their artwork. I think it will tie in nicely when it's all put together. (It's no where near complete yet though.)
Here's the front door (right across from the office room) and the hallway leading to the garage. There's a closet with our shoes and coats in that hallway and a spot for the kids to hang up their backpacks. Bryce got his bag that he's supposed to use on friday. They made them in class. He's finally gotten over not being able to use his own backpack that he picked out.
Well, that's all I got done for now. Well, that all I got almost done for now. Hopefully I'll be completely done next week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment