20 August 2010

Friday. Friday. Friday.

Well folks, my brain feels a little cluttered this morning, so I think I'm just going to number these and call it another random post. So grab yourself some coffee or what ever it is you are drinking at what ever time you read this and get ready for some Roberts Family info...

1. As you saw from yesterday's post, Bryce started preschool this week. Everyone else started on Monday, so he only missed 2 days of the school year. He is going to a VPK (voluntary pre kindergarten) at the First Baptist church here in the town we live in. Its right down the road from where we live so it only takes a few minutes to get there. I think Floridas VPK program is amazing, and I wish all states offered it. His preschool is completely free, paid for by the state. Every child in the state of Florida is eligible, it has no income limits. Bryce's teachers, Ms. Carly and Ms. Eva are really nice and seem like terrific teachers. They always greet him in the morning with a good morning Bryce!! I think its great that they've never had to ask me to remind them what his name was. It shows me that they really care. Here's some more pictures from his first day, starting with the view from his classroom windows. I hope they can pry him away from the windows to learn something... Haha.


He had to color a phone and practice dialing his phone number for homework after his first day. And you can see that he was ready to go to school long before it was time. He wore his backpack to watch his cartoons.

2. Richard had to check in to his new unit yesterday. And of course as a wife, I'm obligated to whip out the camera anytime he's in uniform. (we all do it...) I finally convinced him to let me take one by saying it was for his Mom. They never say no when it's for their Mama. =)  


And because I agreed to make him breakfast this morning, he let me take another picture. (Like I wasn't going to make him breakfast anyways... You got ripped off baby... bad deal.)


Since I've been doing embrace the camera on Thursdays and making sure I'm in more pictures, it got me thinking about how the kids don't really have any pictures with their dad in his uniforms. When they grow up they're going to say "Ya, I was a marine brat, but I can't prove it because I have no pictures of my dad being a marine." So I'm going to make a point to have more pictures of him in cammies with the kids. (He doesn't know yet though... Shhh...)

3. Someone actually let their child wear this to school the other day. Grocery store, sure. I've had my fair share of allowing tutus and crown wearing to the store to make my princess happy.  But school... Not so much.


4. I got myself a desk finally. (ignore the ugly chair, I'm well aware my new desk deserves much better) I'm working on a big piece for the wall over my desk too. I fell in love with this desk the minute I saw it.


Richard got himself a desk yesterday too. We found it on Craigslist and he's going to refinish it. I like how simple mine is, but I have to say I'm a bit jealous of the drawers and little pull out things on his. (please ignore how messy our garage is... Work in progress)


5. Baylie's room is just about done now. I still have a few things to put on the walls, but other than that it's done. I had to start over a bit on decorating her room. At our last house we had these really neat wall stickers that really made her room. But after the mess they left at our last house, I'm afraid to use them again. So we're on the lookout for new things to make Bays room more cozy.


6. We miss the pool at our old house... A lot.


Well, that's about it for today I think. I'll try to get some more rooms done for your viewing pleasure tomorrow.

No comments: