30 August 2010

Pillows and School

Bay and I finally made new pillows for our living room. And it only took 9 months to finally get it done!! Better late than never? I think so. Furniture designers have such bad taste when it comes to picking pillows to package with their couches. So here they are, our new couch pillows...


So you see that photo carousel on our end table behind the pillow? Ya, Richard got that for me for Christmas last year. It still doesn't have pictures in it. He's convinced I don't like it. In reality, it's because I can't decide on whether or not to use pictures I already have and cut them to size, or order a new set of pictures. And if I order a new set of pictures, what kind of pictures? Yes, I really have been thinking about this for the last 8 months.  Maybe that will be my project this week. I need projects because I am now officially the only person in this house who is not going to school. I have half a day to sit around and ponder this. So I need projects.

Speaking of school, Baylie has finally brought home some homework. I was starting to wonder what exactly they have been doing for the last two weeks. Was she really going to school or was the teacher sleeping while she was supposed to be teaching... I was really starting to wonder. Miss Baylie brought home her first official weekly spelling list. Her homework tonight was to write each word once and practice reading them. (More on that Thursday...)


 She was very excited because in P.E. today they got to have a snowball fight. They crumpled up pieces of paper and ran around throwing "snowballs" at each other.  Bryce learned about alligators today. He was annoyed that he had to graph about alligators though. He says he's sick! of graphing. He's still asking me every day if I remembered to put his ice pack in his lunch. The boy is serious about a cold lunch. He's realized that I now go to the commissary without him now. This is upsetting because he enjoys the rocket carts there. He's still really enjoying school though. He's really excited about learning new things. I never thought I'd see the day when I would go in his room 2 hours after bedtime to see him practicing his letters on his light up writing pad...

No comments: