This is Richards last drill weekend with the reservists. {insert clapping and screaming here} I've never been a fan of these weekends. When we lived in Mobile it meant that I had to either get up early with him (which meant I also had to get the kids up that early) to take him to work, or it meant that I'd be without a car that whole weekend. Could I ever go back those days of only having one car?? Ummm... Not if you paid me. I don't know how I did it. When we lived in Pensacola, drill weekends meant that we wouldn't see him the whole weekend. He stayed up there and came home on Sunday night. That was not good for obvious reasons. And now that we are here in Daphne, it means that he comes home usually between 7pm-midnight either super hungry or super grumpy and just wants to go to bed.
When someone leaves this unit to either go to another unit (usually the active duty ones) or decides to end their contract as a reservist, they are usually presented with a plaque or something along those lines to wish them farewell and thank them for their time and company. Richard was actually in the plaque makin business for a little while... Remember that? I think he made 4 or 5 for some of the Marines.
Richard was presented with his going away 'plaque' last night. I've been wondering what kind of thing they were going to do for him. He's not your standard guy. A boring plaque wouldn't seem right. (in my eyes anyways) He came in last night with a box that was engraved with the EGA on top and had a small sign on the front of it that was personalized. Inside it has a pull out tray which is also engraved with the EGA.
The giving of this box means that our time here is done and we are ready to move on to the next chapter of our Marine Corps family lives which includes lots of studying for the husband and an exciting Florida address.
(The giving of this box (which can be filled) also contributes to my dear husbands hoarding issues... Haha. I kid. I kid.)
No comments:
Post a Comment