03 August 2010

Twinkle Toes

Miss Baylie found her dream back to school shoes. Now it's been no secret that her fashion sense has been a bit umm... Unique. We were in Target and she saw these shoes out of the corner of her little eye and ran over to them. I was actually fully on board until I picked them up for her to try on. The thing that ruined it for me - They light up. One of my biggest pet peeves is shoes that light up. Can't stand them. But these are some super cute shoes...

 (I had to use my phone to take the picture, ignore its blurriness.)

Now these are knockoffs. They are supposed to be just like the Sketchers Twinkle Toes which sell for anywhere from $30-$50. Aside from the fact that Richard might just kill me for spending that much money on shoes for our 6 year old, I'm very weary to spend a lot of money on shoes right now because I think she might be close to going up to the next size. She's been in a size 12 for almost a year now. So for that reason, I think I am going to go ahead and cave on the light up (shudder) shoes. It will make her happy. That's the biggest issue right? Not my crazy annoyance with light up shoes. 

These were her close second. I ended up vetoing these shoes because it took 15 minutes to get one shoe on her foot. Not really bending on this rule - If you can't put them on yourself, we aren't getting them. 


I'm giving in and letting her grow up and letting her make more of her own choices, but it doesn't stop me from pausing and sticking my lip out a little bit when I saw these shoes...


How cute would those have been on a little 2 or 3 year old Baylie??? Baylie's response... "Mom, no. Those are for babies." 

*Sigh*

No comments: