05 June 2010

But why??

I've used many adjectives to describe my son B. Today's adjective would be 'quirky'. Sometimes used as a nice way to say "you're weird". B is weird. But in a good way. Here's a few reasons why...

Most people use books for looking at the pictures or reading. Bryce uses them as stepping stones. Why you ask? Because the carpet is super deep water of course.  That's why the pirate ship is out there. He's about to pull up to the pier. He asked me if he could put his arm floaties on so he could play with the ship on the carpet. He got really into this game.


I saw this on Bryce's wall yesterday. He commissioned Baylie to make it for him...


It says "No Grrs (girls) uloud (allowed). And no boys uloud (allowed). Not exactly sure what the blob in the middle is. Bryce did that part. So I asked him what was up with the sign. "You're a boy, why aren't you allowed in your own room?" To which he replied without blinking "I'm not a boy. I'm a robot." Oh. Ok. Carry on.

My son has been on this asking weird, very random questions stage for awhile. I get so many off the wall questions a day my brain is usually hurting by the end of the day. Here's a few of my favorites over the last few days...
  •  Do dogs have brains?
  • How do your brains stay in your head, do they ever fall out?
  • How come your blood can't be green?
  • Can we make my arms real robot arms instead of these? (pointing to his arms)
  • How come you and Daddy get to have sleepovers every night but Baybay and I can't have even one sleepover? It's not a school night... 
  • How come I always have to put the pillows back on the bench? They look better on the floor...
  • Ummmm.... Why? "Why what Bryce"  I dunno. Just why? 
  • How come you say "Because I said so" all the time? Because its all us moms have the energy for sometimes Bryce. "Oh, ok." 
  • What would happen if... I stood in the middle of the street, I got squished in the doors at PetSmart, my leg was all 'blooded' and we didn't have any bandaids? 
There's about 3,768,987 other questions asked this week, but I don't want to put you through all that. Maybe that will be a weekly post. All the weird things Bryce has said or asked throughout the week. As if one quirky 4 year old isn't enough for one family, we've added one more quirky member. This is how she prefers to sleep now. On the couch, on her back with her legs in the air.


Also, in honor of Miss Baylie's birthday month, I've decided to decorate this page to celebrate her. So all month you come here to read about my kids (and now dogs) antics you will be reminded that my sweet baby girl is turning 6 Six!!!!! in a few short weeks. Remember this?? Seems like yesterday...


No comments: