25 June 2010

One crazy night

Here's a quick story about why I have reason to believe it's bad luck to go to Target with Kera at night. I know right now you're probably thinking What!! There's no such thing!! Nothing is ever negative about going to this wonderful place...


I know. I didn't think so either. But here it is. The reason I'll no longer be going to Target at night with Kera anymore. So we have to start back a week and a half ago. We went to Target (I don't remember the reason, but it's not like you need a reason anyways...) and while we were in there it started getting really dark and windy outside. By the time we were checking out it was almost black outside and it was raining so hard it physically hurt us while we were running out to the car. (I know, funny sight Kera and I running right... Take a minute, have a good chuckle.) By the time we had gotten out to Richard's truck it was hailing and the power had gone out in the store. So we sat there in the truck and decided we'd wait until the storm calmed down a bit before we drove home. Then it started shaking the truck. Then we noticed the small lake that was forming in the parking lot. It was going into some of the cars that were low to the ground. About 10 minutes later it had calmed down enough for us to drive home.

Fast forward to Wednesday night. It was the night before Baylie's birthday and I had a few things to get. So off to Target we went again. In Richard's truck again. (So, maybe. Just MAYBE, it's Richard's truck and not my precious Target turning on me...) We did our shopping at got to the checkout again to see those scary looking skies and rain starting to hit the windows. The over-helpful cashier told us there were tornado warnings out and wished us a safe trip home. Off to the truck with minimal rain falling on us and in the car we hear that there are tornado warnings for the county we live in. Nice. So we start driving home and it was barely raining and was really calm. Fast forward to when we crossed into our county... it was like a switch was turned on. Crazy wind and raining really hard. As soon as we turned onto our road these starting going off...


Scary!! So we rushed inside and were of course told by all the men in the house that we were over reacting. We compromised by saying the kids should come downstairs. We wanted them in the basement and they thought they should stay in bed. So someone opens the door to go upstairs and Baylie is standing at the top of the stairs. She says her belly hurts. I didn't know if she was scared or if it really did hurt. So she came downstairs and sat down with me. A minute later we hear this awful sound coming from her. Afterward Richard said he thought for a minute she was turning into one of these...


Seriously. He thought she was turning into a werewolf. Why you ask? Because before we got home they were watching this...


So as my husband was waiting for my daughter to attack my neck I quickly pushed her to the floor placed her on the floor so she wouldn't throw up on me. Yes, I knew that sound right away. I knew she was about to yack all over the place. So off she goes to the bathroom to throw up while there are tornado sirens going off. At least we were in a bathroom. Easy clean up and safe(er) from that possible tornado. As she was finishing up her puking session the sirens stopped. For a brief moment I thought maybe that wasn't a tornado siren, maybe it was a Baylie's going to start puking siren. It sure did save us a lot of clean up. I'm not sure why she threw up, but she was fine once she did. And there was no tornado. (At least not by us.) So all 5 of these crazies were safe...


So there it is... Target at night brings bad things. Think I'm crazy??

No comments: