It's been another uneventful day around casa Roberts. I've been doing laundry and trying to make a mental checklist of all the things we need to get around for our trip back to the land of corn. We're all getting really excited, even though Richard is making us get up way before the sun rises. I told him we could leave as soon as our local Starbucks was open. This girl is going to need her some coffee!!!
Last night I went to Walmart to pick up a few things to get us through until tomorrow's dinner and on my way a song came on the radio. It's one of those songs that even though you KNOW it will make you cry and you'll be in a funk the rest of the night because you can't stop your mind from going to bad places, you listen to it anyways. One of those songs that makes you look like a complete goober wiping at your eyes under your sunglasses so hopefully no one in the next car notices you are tearing up. One of those songs that I'm sure any military wife cant help but let a tear or two fall regardless of whether their husband is sitting right next to them or a million miles away in some desert. For all those reasons, and a few more that make me feel ridiculous once the song is done, I vote to have this song banned from the radio. It's just not fair to us wives to have to look like a complete nut job crying in their car for no apparent reason. Ugh!!
I suppose I should just be grateful that Mr. Tim McGraw waited until after 2004 to release this song. Because that, without a doubt, would have hit a little too close to home back then.
On a lighter note... (And this is mainly just for my brother) While I was at Walmart I saw this sign:
Isn't it just such an awful shame that we wont be in town for this?? Look at what "The Nature Boy" has been reduced to... Appearances at Walmart. In Alabama... Not sure if you can read the small print, but it says that the first 300 people will be guaranteed!! a chance to meet him and get his autograph. How awesome would that be??!! Haha. I wonder if he'll wear that snazzy robe...
1 comment:
Ric Flair has been reduced to even worse things than appearing at a Wal-Mart. Spending your money like crazy, having multiple ex wives that take as much money from you as possible and having companies sue you because you renege on deals has made Flair willing to do anything for a buck lol.
Post a Comment