03 June 2010

It's being creative, not weird...

Yesterday we took Mabel to the vet. I got a coupon in the mail for a free check up visit at the pet hospital in our local pet store, PetSmart. So I thought, what the heck... it's free. Of course it ended up not being free once I had them do a fecal test and got her first round of flea and heartworm meds. (We wanted to do the fecal test to make sure she didn't have any parasites or any of the other weird stuff dogs sometimes get. Just wanted to make sure we had us a healthy puppy.) We were there for what seemed like forever. I should have known it was going to be a long visit (Seriously, I think we waited there longer than we do at the kids doctor, and that's a long time) because they gave the kids coloring books and crayons. Bryce being Bryce decided he was going to color under the exam table so he could have some shade. I tried explaining to him that we were inside and needing shade wasn't really an issue, but you know Bryce, moot point. This is him...


 And this is what he colored... The dog (who he named Richard) bit the boys feet so much that they are bleeding. Bryce has been obsessed with blood. It started as being deathly afraid of it. Anytime he seen blood, especially on himself, he would freak out. Now its gone to being obsessed with it. Talking about it all the time, asking tons of questions about it, and making all his toys bleed in one way or another. Maybe its his way of getting over his fear of blood??
Miss Baylie colored in her book too. She took a different approach though. She drew her own picture. This is Mabel telling us no. Imagine that. We don't call her 'Mouthy Mabel' for nothing...


We finally got the all clear from the vet, she's totally healthy. Then we were finally on our way home. Richard got home soon after and we ate dinner. Then we went outside with the intentions of taking Mabel to potty, but it soon turned in to a running game. Mabel just about collapsed when she came in...



I'm not really sure how to make it so the whole video fits on here, I'm going to look into it. (You can't see some of the video on the right hand side) But until I do fix it you can see it whole by right clicking on the video and clicking on watch on YouTube. It will take you to the website automatically.

1 comment:

Jason said...

For the youtube video, I'm not sure if you just put in the address or the actual html coding, but if you do the html coding, you should be able to change the dimensions of the video so it fits on the page. That's assuming the page limits how wide a video can be.